Saturday, May 15, 2010

Can a person diagnose with an idiopathic scoliosis have a chance to recover and learn parkour?

I have been diagnosed with an idiopathic scoliosis which is not that extreme and that makes me avoid certain strenious activities. So somehow I%26#039;m finding ways to recover if not, impede the development of my condition. And I%26#039;m dreaming of having an active physical lifestyle someday so I%26#039;m hoping you guys can help me out. I%26#039;m interested in parkour and free running, wushu, and the like. Thanks!|||What degree of curvature are we talking about? Are you done growing? If it%26#039;s not extreme why are you avoiding activities (MD orders, pain, fear of hurting your back)? My upper curve was in the 60s when I was fused and I was in a back brace and I still was as active as I could be much to my mom%26#039;s chagrin. My lower curve is still in the 40s, but is stable.





Talk with your physician about your activity restrictions for now and your outlook in the future.





I%26#039;m as normally functioning as anyone (are any of us really %26quot;normal%26quot;?). I never got off schedule with school. Graduated college at 20 and have been an OR nurse for 17 years, one of the most physically demanding areas of nursing (lots of lifting and lots of standing in one place for long periods). I%26#039;ve had 2 children without difficulty (didn%26#039;t even use an epidural). I love to travel (I don%26#039;t set off metal detectors), yoga (though the fusion prevents some positions), and SCUBA dive. I can pretty much do anything I want...but don%26#039;t tell my husband I use the scoliosis to get out of vacuuming :)|||strenuous activities = parkour....





it can be adapted not to be so...(and I don%26#039;t understand ur injury/disease/condition enough to know) but when i doubt ask your doctor - might be hard to exsplain. But try

No comments:

Post a Comment