Monday, November 16, 2009

Jiu-Jitsu or Judo? Previous experience in Wushu.?

I%26#039;ve had several years of Wushu, and am looking to start some sort of formal martial arts training again. My choices are limited, as I%26#039;m in a small town that has little to offer. So now my choices are Jiu-Jitsu or Judo. I don%26#039;t know that my previous training would be largely beneficial to me for either one as they seem to both focus on grappling. I thought I%26#039;d ask if anyone had a suggestion that could help me decide.|||Question:? Do you like throwing people? If so, then you will be better off doing judo. Judo focuses more on throwing your opponent before starting the ground work. Jiu Jitsu pretty much starts from the ground, but in my experience rolling with BJJ guys, they are much better on the ground than judo guys. I teach Judo and have to say that Judo for me is a more practical self defense, because you learn to manipulate your opponent from the standing position. Both styles are great for ground defense, with BJJ having a slight edge (my opinion), but I would rather start from a standing position than from the ground. Take these factors into account before you decide.|||If you have access, do both. Perhaps 1-3 months of one, then 1-3 months of the other. Judo is great on the feet. But depending on the school you go to, they may not spend much time on the ground. I haven%26#039;t studied jiu-jitsu, but I rolled around with some of the bjj guys at university and their ground tactics easily outclassed me.|||well judo is the sports version of Jiujitsu , so it all depends on how each teach school teaches their art, best thing is try both and c how u like it, nothing hear will help u unless u get a feel for the dojos , so try both and c,


and by the way is the jiujitsu, Japanese or Brazilian bc there is a big difference, alot of the same techniques just different methods of learning

No comments:

Post a Comment